Book Launches Simplified
Course Description12 Modules 40 Videos 5 Documents
Getting Ready to Launch Your Book and Wondering How to Do It Right?
Or have you already launched your book, but not gotten the results you’d hoped for?
If you answered “yes” to either of those questions, then this course is for you!
The "Book Launches Simplified" course explores everything involved in launching and marketing a book successfully, whether your book is fiction or nonfiction. Then it takes a deeper dive into the products, tools and services we recommend to our authors to make their book marketing easier.
This bird’s-eye view of a book launch helps you effectively plan and prioritize your book marketing, based on the proven methods we teach our own authors.
- The 12 modules cover the various facets that go into a book launch, including book listings, author profiles, launch teams, social media, editorial and consumer reviews, marketing materials, book awards, publicity and advertising, to name a few.
- We discuss the ideal timing of these activities, as well as their relative costs.
- The course demonstrates how one decision, like going wide or narrow with your distribution, may impact or affect others down the line.
- More than 125 potential resources are outlined in the course to give you plenty of options to consider for your own book launch plan.
- We have proven experience with these resources and many others that have helped our authors market their books confidently.
Module 1. Overview of a Book Launch
- Introduction to the Course
- Overview of a Book Launch
- Release vs Launch
- How Much Time Is Enough?
Module 2. Before You Launch
- Introduction to Before You Launch
- Know Your Ideal Reader
- Homework: Do the Dear Reader Exercise
- Influencing the Reader Experience
- Know Where Your Book Listings Are
- Key Distribution Questions
- Homework: Your Book and the KDP Select Program
- Claim Your Author Profiles
- Homework: Amazon's Author Central
- Homework: Create Your Goodreads Author Profile
- Homework: Claim Your Bookbub Profile
- Conducting an Inventory of Launch Bonuses
- Know What's Important to You
- Homework: Do the Dear Author Exercise
- A Note About Pre-Order Campaigns
Module 3. Launch Team
- Introduction to Launch Teams
- Creating Your Launch Team
- Homework: Creating a Launch Bonus Inventory
- Preparing Materials for Your Launch Team
- Homework: Preparing for Your Launch
Module 4. Editorial Reviews
- Introduction to Editorial Reviews
- Soliciting Editorial Reviews
- Approaching Influencers for Reviews
- Homework: Request a Readers' Favorite Review
- Homework: Congratulations on Your Readers' Favorite Review!
- Homework: Engage BookTubers for Book Reviews
- What to Do with Editorial Reviews
Module 5. Reader Reviews
- Introduction to Reader Reviews
- Where to Find Reviewers
- Amazon's Review Policies
- Homework: Consider Listing Your Book on NetGalley
- BookSirens - Behind-the-Scenes Part 1
- BookSirens - Behind-the-Scenes Part 2
- Other Resources
- What to Do with Reader Reviews
Module 6. Social Media
- Introduction to Social Media
- Building a Following
- Content Types and Sources
- Scheduling and Distribution
- Promo Sites
- Social Media Management
- Content Amplification
- Mockup Images
- Homework: Do You Want to Host a Giveaways?
Module 7. Publicity
- Introduction to Publicity
- Exploring the Value of Book Awards
- Homework: Start Considering Book Awards
- Book Award Pro - Behind-the-Scenes Part 1
- Book Award Pro - Behind-the-Scenes Part 2
- Media Outreach
- Homework: Sign up for Help a Reporter Out (HARO)
- Finding Podcasts for Guest Appearances
- What Podcast Hosts Want Most
- Homework: Leveraging Other People's Audiences
- Blog Tours
- Homework: Make a List of Book Bloggers
- Alumni and Association Newsletters
- Library Mailings
- Bookstore Mailings
- Press Releases
- Homework: Issue a Press Release
- Media Kit
- Book Clubs
- Homework: Set Up Google Alerts
Module 8. Advertising
- Introduction to Advertising
- Promo Sites
Module 9. Marketing Materials
- Introduction to Marketing Materials
- Creating a Great Sell Sheet
- Author Website
- Email List
- Event Materials
- Homework: Preparing for an Author Signing
Module 10. Working with Promotional Partners
- Email Marketing
- Partner Promotions
Module 11. Additional Resources
- Recommended Resources
- Recommended Editors and Proofreaders
- Would You Be Willing to Write a Review?
- Book Launch Mind Map - Full Version
Module 12. Bonus Materials
- Securing Sponsorships for Your Book Launch and Events
- Getting Your Book Into School Systems
- Keywords and Categories
- 61 Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Publisher (workbook)
- Finding Your Market
- How to Use Your Book to Grow Your Business
- The Best Solution to Your Worst Business Problem
- Publish with Purpose audiobook - Introduction