Project Management Career Launch: Everything You Need to Get a Great Project Management Job
USD 297Get Started
30-day money-back guarantee.
Unlimited access, anywhere, anytime.
Learn from hand-vetted instructors, experts in their field.
She also coaches current and aspiring project managers to level up their careers and understands the challenges - and how to overcome them.
Course Description5 Modules 10 Videos 19 Documents
How to Find, Stand Out, and Get Hired for an Amazing Project Management Job
Are you ready to launch an amazing Project Management Career?
Do you want a ROADMAP that walks you
STEP-BY-STEP ALONG THE WAY
to get a GREAT PROJECT MANAGEMENT JOB
without struggling to figure it out on your own?
If so…THIS IS THE COURSE for you.
This is your COMPLETE TOOLKIT on how to get an amazing project management job.
This course gives you targeted instructions on how to improve your resume, build your network, find hidden jobs, and ace your interview.
And these are skills you’ll be able to use any time you’re ready to make your next career move.
This course gives you a step-by-step approach to using tactics that work. No more blasting out resumes and hoping for the best. You’ll be able to take steps that help you...
- Position yourself to stand out - even if you don't have a project management title yet
- Find openings - even jobs that others don't know about
- Interview with skill and confidence so interviewers see you as the ideal candidate
Here’s what you’ll learn in this course:
- Project management basic terminology and steps so you can talk with hiring managers confidently using project management language.
- How to network and find jobs that other people don’t even know about.
- How to tailor your resume to demonstrate your valuable skills and abilities.
- How to interview and give answers that convey your skills and strengths and give hiring managers confidence to hire you.
The course is comprised of FOUR MODULES:
- Project Management Basics – This covers very basic information about project management. (It’s not a full course on project management.) You'll get the terminology and the basics of what a project manager does. You'll be able to talk-the-talk and use it to position yourself to move into project management.
- Powerful Positioning – Learn ways to tailor your resume, LinkedIn profile, and other branding opportunities that can make all the difference in getting noticed by hiring managers.
- Effective Networking – Learn how to find the right people to talk to, and what to say to get the insider scoop about jobs.
- Amazing Interviews – Learn the secrets hiring managers wish you knew that will catapult you past other job candidates.
Each module gives you information, guidance, checklists, worksheets, and even word-for-word scripts that you can use for resumes, networking, and interviews - so you come across with confidence.
Meet your Instructor:
Hi! I'm Leigh Espy, career coach, founder of the website and blog ProjectBliss.net and author of Bad Meetings Happen to Good People: How to Run Meetings That Are Effective, Focused, and Produce Results.
Not only have I worked as a project manager for 20 years, but I've also managed and HIRED project managers.
I know the interview questions they’re asking, what the motivations are behind those questions, and what WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE. There are KEY things that hiring managers are looking for...
and if you know the secrets, you can stand out against the sea of other candidates.
When I ask people what they’ve tried so far to get a job in a project management career they tell me what’s not working for them:
- They’ve seen job postings and don’t apply because they don't believe they can get the job. They take themselves out of the competition before even trying.
- They’ve sent out tons of resumes and only gotten silence in return. This approach rarely works because your resume gets lost in the flood of other resumes.
- If they do get an interview, they’re not sure how to use the right language to give hiring managers confidence in their abilities.
But because I’ve been successfully using techniques to get hired for positions that aren’t even posted and have even been the one doing the interviewing and hiring, I have firsthand knowledge of how to successfully get into a great project management career.
I want to show you how to do it.
You may be asking…What if I've never been a project manager before?
This course will tell you how to use project management language to describe your current skills and experience. You most likely already have the experience that qualifies you to get a project management job. You just need to know how to show it.
And you don't HAVE to START with a specific project manager title. If you're not quite ready to apply for a project manager title, I'll show you the right job titles to target that can lead right to a project manager job!
THIS COURSE helps you make that move.
The course will give you a step-by-step approach to using tactics that work. No more blasting out resumes and hoping for the best. You’ll be able to take steps that actually increase your chances of positioning yourself expertly, finding jobs that others may not even know about, and handling interviews with skill and confidence.
Project Management is a career path that offers challenge, fulfillment, and great pay.
Project Management can be the perfect career, providing a chance to do satisfying work, while making an impact.
Please be aware that the Project Management Career Launch Course is NOT FOR YOU IF...
- You're looking for advanced project management training or certification prep. This course teaches you some project management basics and what you need to focus on to get a job in project management.
- You're looking for a quick fix for a fast job. It will take work and it will take time.
- You expect a six-figure job out of the gate. Many project managers commonly make 100,000/year and above. If you're just starting out, you'll likely start at a junior level. If you perform well you can move into higher-paying roles. And many project managers even go on to executive-level positions!
The Project Management Career Launch IS FOR YOU IF...
- You’ve dreamed of getting into a project management career that not only provides fulfilling work and great pay – it can lead to many other amazing roles beyond project management.
- You know that it will take work on your part – and you’re willing to do it. But you’ll be spending time on the right kind of work that really gets results.
- You know you can do more with your skills and you're ready to take your career to the next level.
Try PROJECT MANAGEMENT CAREER LAUNCH RISK-FREE for 14 days.
If you don't think the course is right for you, I'll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Learn how to use your current skills and experience to move to a meaningful and satisfying project management career.
Welcome to the Course
Module 1: Project Management Basics
- Welcome to Module 1 - What you'll learn
- Module 1 Overview
- The Classic Project Path and What’s Expected
- Classic Project Path Quick View Cheat Sheet Download
- Roles & Responsibilities: What You'll Do as a PM
- PM Roles & Responsibilities Download
- Decoding Different PM Approaches: What you MUST Know (Video)
- PM Methodologies: Waterfall & Agile Easy Guide
- Show Them You're One of Them: PM Common Terms
- Worksheet: Identify Your PM Experience
Module 2: Confident Connections
- Fix this: Why Networking is Necessary
- Informational Interviews
- Informational Interview Questions
- Scripts: Cold Emails to People You Don't Know
- PDF Networking Scripts for Requesting Connections
- Text: Networking Scripts: Requesting Connections
- What To Do If Networking Intimidates You
- Resource: Track Your Networking Activities
- Tools: Keeping Track of Your Connections
Module 3: Marketing Brand "You"
- How to Write a Cover Letter That Gets You Noticed
- Tailor Your Experience to a Job Posting
- Professional Summary and Career Highlights
- Workbook: Your Professional Summary & Career Highlights
- Resume Templates for a Great Start
- Resume Power Words
- Give Your LinkedIn Profile more Polish with this easy trick
Module 4: Excellent Interviews
- Checklist for a Great Interview
- Craft Perfect Answers to Behavioral Interview Questions
- Workbook: Perfect Answers for Behavioral Interview Questions
- "So Tell Me About Yourself"
- Worksheet: Tell Me About Yourself
- Video: What NOT To Do in Your Job Interview
- Video: Professional Presence
- Video: Building Rapport During Your Interview
- Questions to Ask During Your Job Interview
- How to Write a Thank You Note